Does your body hurt from sitting all day with clients, and are you craving more tools to support yourself as well as clients?
Do you experience the benefits of yoga in your own life and want to learn how to bring those benefits into your practice?
Yoga Therapy 101 offers therapists and other clinicians opportunities to get out of the chair and into the body to support integrated healing of mind, body and heart.
This is not your average CEU course where you will be sitting in chairs listening to someone lecture at you. This is a highly experiential and embodied course where you will leave with tools you can use personally as well as professionally. You will also receive individualized attention with what is arising for you as well as with clients on your caseload.
Hi, my name is Laura and I am a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist and Certified Yoga Therapist. I am passionate about yoga therapy because I have witnessed the profound effects working with the body, breath, mind and spirit can do. I have witnessed clients increase their body awareness and panic attacks disappear, use their breath to stay present in difficult conversations with family members, utilize meditation to regulate their nervous system and so much more.
The benefits of working beyond the analytical mind are vast, and this training will support you and the clients you work with find connection, wholeness and healing through body, breath, mind and heart-based tools.
- Learn what Yoga Therapy is.
- Learn practical tools you can use right away with clients.
- Practice yoga and meditation in order to experience these teachings in your own body/mind.
- Bring case studies to integrate the tools you learn while also practicing with peers in a supportive environment.
- Learn tools to work with the body, breath and mind to further support the amazing work you are all ready doing.
After this training you will be able to:
- Articulate what Yoga Therapy is.
- Apply tools that work with the physical body, breath, mind and spirit.
- Understand the basics of Yoga philosophy.
$197 before April 11
$247 after April 11
Saturday, April 25, 2020 from 10:30am-5:00pm
Rainier Beach Yoga
LMHC, LICSW, LMFT, Naturopaths, RNs and PTs
“[This training] was so incredibly helpful both personally and professionally! We need more healing/therapeutic practices and models outside of the traditional talk therapy model.”
“I have learned both personal and professional skills that can be implemented immediately.”
Refunds of 85% up to seven days prior to workshop. No refunds allowable after that time, but you can transfer your ticket.