Sometimes talking is not enough.
Do you learn through doing and being in your body?
Does talk therapy feel more anxiety-provoking than healing?
Do you have a lot of intellectual awareness but still feel stuck?
Yoga Therapy can help!
Yoga Therapy offers tools you can use immediately to support processing trauma, settling and grounding the nervous system, moving the body/mind/heart toward greater clarity and empowerment while breaking free from patterns of pain and despair.
This approach to healing retrains the brain, nervous system, body, energy and physiology. It is truly a holistic rewiring of your entire being!
The foundation of this work is rooted in 4 pillars:
- Honoring the nervous system
- Cultivating discipline
- Attuning to the body and breath
- Practicing mindfulness and meditation
Through these pillars you will:
- Understand and honor the wisdom of the nervous system while also being able to soothe and settle the system when it is stuck in a fight/flight or freeze response.
- Cultivate a discipline to support healing while aligning with the body’s and nature’s inherent rhythms.
- Anchor into the body and breath where we access the issues that live in the tissues. Instead of only an intellectual and analytical understanding of suffering, we will go to the roots of suffering that are beyond thoughts and emotions.
- Steady the mind through mindfulness and meditation. When the first 3 pillars are systematically implemented the mind naturally finds more stability, and meditation can be more effective.
Schedule a 20 minute video consultation to see if Yoga Therapy is a good fit for you.
The Yoga Therapy program starts with a 2.5 hour intensive intake where we go over your history and current challenges in depth. I will give you a detailed plan to follow (including lifestyle recommendations, movement and meditation practices) you can implement on your own.
We will have 2 check-ins to refine and expand on the recommendations for your continued growth. The focus will be on action and shifting from patterns that keep one stuck, stagnant and suffering to making small, deliberate and mindful changes that can move mountains. Many people have intellectual insight into where their unique suffering comes from, but the challenge is in bringing action to change.
If you are ready for radical change and willing to put in the effort towards that change this approach is for you!
2.5 Hour Intake Session
- Intention setting
- In depth intake of current challenges and strengths
- Body-based practices (may include yoga poses or other self-directed movements)
- Meditation practices
- Current lifestyle evaluation and recommendations
- The Heart of Wellness book by Dr. Kavitha Chinnaiyan
- 10% discount on any live classes offered
2 50-minute Follow Up Sessions
- Follow up on recommendations
- Refinement of treatment plan
- Additional body-based practices and meditation guidance
- Additional recommendations to implement for continued growth
Schedule your free 20 minute video consultation here.
Full Yoga Therapy Program (includes intake and 2 follow up sessions)
Sliding Scale, Payment Plans and Insurance
- There are a limited number of sliding scale slots available.
- Payment plans are available.
- Many people are reimbursed for our work through their insurance if they have “out of network mental health” coverage.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
- 24 hours notice is required for all cancellations.
- The full amount is charged for late cancellations.
- There are no refunds for pre-purchased packages.
- Packages expire one year from purchase.