Do you feel stuck in patterns of despair, burnout or agitation?
Are you looking for ways to access your wise and whole self?
Do you want practices that can be a place of refuge you can return to over and over?
Yoga Therapy is a creative, compassionate, mindful and embodied approach to healing that supports you to find the seeds of wisdom and healing inside yourself. In this immersion, we will work with the body, breath, mind and heart to support you discover or rediscover your inherent wholeness.
This 4-month immersion is ideal for people experiencing trauma symptoms, depression, anxiety, grief, chronic pain or any other challenge that is causing suffering in the body/mind/heart.
In this immersion you will:
- Attend 4 online yoga therapy groups (recordings will be available).
- Get individualized support with 4 individual yoga therapy sessions with Laura (online or in person in South Seattle).
- Receive guidance on meditations and body-based practices to use in between sessions.
- Have access to a reading list for further study and contemplation.
The intention behind this immersion is to create a space where you can come exactly as you are, with all your unique strengths and challenges, to learn tools to add to your toolbox in supporting your healing, resilience and growth.
Each month will focus on particular skills to work with the body/mind/heart you can apply into your daily life to cultivate a sense of stability, groundedness and ease, and we will build on the skills from previous months for continued learning and integration.
Schedule and Topics:
Befriending Your Nervous System
- Learn about your unique nervous system.
- Explore the ways your system responds to stress and safety and how to work with the nervous system when it is in a threatened state.
- Learn Ayurvedic principles, based on the Heart of Wellness by Dr. Kavitha Chinnaiyan, that support the nervous system to align with its natural rhythms.
Tuesday, September 27, 2022 from 6-8pm PST
Centering and Grounding
- Explore how you currently resource and ground yourself.
- Integrate and expand on ways to support yourself to feel more centered.
- Learn body-based and meditation tools you can use anywhere.
Saturday, October 29, 2022 from 12-2pm PST
Befriending Your Brilliant Body
- Learn how to connect or reconnect with your body.
- Explore tools to tend to the body when there is physical or emotional suffering.
- Work with the body through movement, meditation and artwork.
Wednesday, November 9, 2022 from 6-8pm PST
Yoga Nidra: Restore and Renew
- Learn the powerful practice of Yoga Nidra, a meditation that can be used to settle the nervous system.
- Rest and rejuvenate your body/mind/heart.
- Develop a sustainable meditation practice.
Saturday, December 3 from 12-2pm PST
Individual group sessions: $147.
“Make an Offering” spots available.
These slots are available for those who need financial support to practice while still having the opportunity to make an offering. Contact Laura at email@example.com to access one of these spots.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can I do this immersion if I’ve never done yoga?
Everyone is welcome! There is no need for any yoga experience in order to attend this program. In fact, having preconceived notions of what is going to happen can get in the way of being open to the experience. Any movement that is offered is very gentle and most of the movement is self-guided as a tool for inquiry, rather than teaching specific movements for specific outcomes.
Are the sessions online or in person?
All the groups are online via Zoom, and will be recorded to watch (and re-watch) at your convenience. Individual sessions can either be in person or online, depending on your preference. The studio is located in the Rainier Beach neighborhood of Seattle.
Do I have to attend all sessions?
However much you put into the program is how much you will get out of it. All the groups will be recorded for you to listen to again and/or watch if you can’t attend live. You can also sign up for the groups individually (space permitting).
Is this for clinicians?
This program is ideal for anyone who wants to learn body-mind-heart practices that can support the struggles each unique individual faces. Although this program is not a training, it will be a supportive group for clinicians who are in the trenches of trauma and suffering to be able to support themselves and their clients. This is a valuable resource for clinicians who are feeling burnout, dealing with their own mental health struggles and are desiring an approach that is rooted in the body.
What happens in the individual sessions?
In our individual session Laura will get to know your unique strengths and challenges, how the practices in the groups are supporting you and where you are struggling. We work together to refine the practices to tailor them to you as well as add to the practices for the maximum benefit for your system. These sessions can either happen online or in person, and we will meet approximately once/month. Please note, these sessions do not include mental health therapy. Even though Laura is an LMFT these sessions are skills based and not to be used as a substitute for mental health counseling. If you are looking for yoga therapy with mental therapy counseling please contact Laura directly to discuss options.
Cancel before the program begins and receive a full refund minus a $50 administrative fee.
There are no refunds once the program has begun.
You have one month after the program ends to finish your 4 individual sessions.